SummitRidge Hospital provides quality behavioral health and addiction treatment services in Lawrenceville, GA, approximately 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. Registered Nurses provide caring and professional inpatient, outpatient and support services to adults and adolescents suffering from psychiatric or addictive disorders. Additionally, the Geriatric unit provides acute care for seniors in psychiatric crisis. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Mental Health Technician (MHT) with recent behavioral health experience. Carry out a variety of direct and indirect nursing patient care activities and tasks which support the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu and which meet the patient's needs for safety and comfort. Position tasks include:
1. Assists with admission of patients to the unit.
2. Initiates the admission flow sheet and presents it to the Registered Nurse.
3. Searches patient belongings upon admission and collects those items of potential self-harm per unit policy.
4. Orients patient to unit environment as appropriate to patient's condition.
5. Monitors assigned patients for the ordered observation level and reports any changes in condition.
6. Initiates the discharge flow sheet consistent with qualifications and presents to licensed nurse to complete and co-sign.
7. Performs the various tasks, which assure the smooth operation of the unit in a versatile and flexible way even when the routine is interrupted with crises.