What drives the mission behind Adult and Child Health (A&C) is the incredible compassion of our team. The needs of our growing client base push us to innovate and collaborate in new ways to continuously evolve and strengthen our services.
A&C’s impact resounds throughout Central Indiana with teams in Marion, Johnson, Bartholomew, Morgan, and surrounding counties. Whether a staff member works in one of our 120+ partnered schools, an office in Downtown Indy, a medical clinic, a homeless outreach team, or on the road as a community based life changer – they are all connected to the same mission.
Employing over 600 staff with revenues exceeding $48m, Indianapolis-based Adult and Child Health is a leading provider of primary care, behavioral health, and child welfare services. As a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, we are here to help everyone no matter their ability to pay. More than that, we are here to be their partners in health, inspiring hope and well-being.
The CFO Position
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will develop and monitor Adult and Child Health’s financial strategy and manage our financial resources during an exciting period of growth and change. As a member of the Executive Team, reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in conjunction with other executive leaders and the Board of Directors. The CFO candidate needs to be a forward thinking individual, who is comfortable solving problems, and working on cross-functional or matrixed teams.
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, a pragmatic approach, and deep knowledge of the health care landscape. They will have proven success in a financial leadership role for a multifaceted organization with complex financial, operational, and technological demands. A big picture thinker, they will also be willing to dig into the details. Expertise with large-scale process improvement efforts, system upgrades and change management will be important, as will the ability to develop and support the business needs of service lines and management. The CFO must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
What You'll Do
• Drive Adult and Child Health’s long-term financial strategy for growth, including developing strategic recommendations and identifying trends and opportunities based on accurate financial modeling and projections, budget planning, and cost management.
• Serve as Adult and Child Health’s financial leader by communicating with and providing technical assistance to partners, funders, auditors, and internal team members, including A&C executive leadership.
• Provide leadership for budget strategy, budget development and implementation, and cash flow and forecasting. Guide and support development of the capital, administration, and service line operational budgets.
• Ensure full compliance with regulatory and audit requirements and generally accepted accounting principles through oversight of all accounts, reporting systems, and fidelity to fiscal policies and controls.
• Lead and coach all staff who oversee accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, budgeting, facilities, and purchasing.
• Represent Adult and Child Health to financial partners, including financial institutions, funders and foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
• Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
What You'll Bring
• You are a seasoned senior financial leader and team manager, with several years of experience developing and implementing creative financial management strategies in complex health or social sector organizations.
• You have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, billing, and reporting) in a nonprofit environment with multiple funding sources including government contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree required in a discipline such as finance or accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Strong analytical thinker and expert in financial modeling and analysis
• Experience with Great Plains or similar financial management software
• U.S. work authorization
You'll Impress Us If
• You have done this work in the health sector
• You have experience with public sector health care and social service funding (Medicaid, Medicare, state and federal grants)
• You are a CPA with an active license
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 32 20500 191 01
About Adult and Child Health
Adult and Child Health is an organization that strives for caring communities, where every child, adult, and family have opportunities to live healthy, happy lives. We believe in people and the strength of diversity, meeting people where they are, and we are passionate about being champions for health equity and the promise of healthy communities