MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows program schedule with minimal supervision. Follows program rules and guidelines
and ensures patient compliance with same.
2. Is courteous and professional to patients, family members and significant others.
3. Completes patient procedures accurately and within time frame as specified by hospital
4. Completes required documentation specific to position in a clear and concise manner.
Documentation shows understanding of patient and unit goals.
5. Attends scheduled hospital inservices and completes staff education attendance record.
Reads and initials articles that are posted on unit. Seeks opportunities for education and
6. Practices good hand-washing techniques, follows Universal Precautions.
7. Alerts supervisors to risk management and quality concerns.
8. Dresses appropriately to position.
9. Flexible and positive in accepting responsibility for patients leisure time and maintenance,
therapeutic milieu. Shows creativity in planning patients free time. Is involved and
physically active in all aspects of patients program.
10. Checks with RN prior to and at end of shift for report and direction. Communicates
observations clearly and alerts RN to pertinent and/or high risk changes in patient conditions.
11. Displays consistency and is positive in interactions with others. Accepts criticism and
suggestions. Maintains safe boundaries with patients and co-workers, uses self disclosure
12. Willingly serves as preceptor to new employees and role-models positive images.
13. Facilitate activity focused program groups. Has necessary materials available. Groups
begin and end on time. Pertinent information is clearly communicated to the unit RN. Demonstrates
and teaches good sportsmanship.
14. Incorporates service specific knowledge (child, adolescent, sexually reactive children, sex
offender, or dual diagnosis/chemical dependency) into daily activities.
a. Utilizes developmental and program specific knowledge in the delivery of patient
b. Has sound understanding of mental health and program specific issues.
c. Understand and demonstrates the ability to prioritize the patient's needs according to
the treatment plan.
d. Facilitates groups as assigned demonstrating understanding of group process and the
disease concepts of each specific diagnosis group.
15. Maintains up to date CPR certification.
16. Willingly accepts additional responsibilities outside routine job functions.
17. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
18. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
19. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
20. Will report all accidents immediately.