Under the direct supervision of the Radiology Director, the PACS/RIS Administrator oversees the UHS standards and the installation of software and hardware. Responsible for overseeing the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates, and installs patches to resolve software related problems. Provides clinical and technical support to the PACS environment, including the RIS system. The system administrator will be responsible for maintaining maximum PACS uptime and system utilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates Strategic Planning and Development Techniques.
2. Demonstrate the ability to work with various vendors and IS to identify necessary components and construct a plan to address workflow issues and system limitations.
3. Performs security-add, configure and maintain users, passwords and user profiles.
4. Provides user education including initial training, new hire training, and future in-services.
5. Coordinates system upgrades and configuration changes with the vendor(s), users, and other relevant system administration staff.
6. Document all disaster recovery and response procedures as part of hospital policy and procedures. 7. When not performing PACS duties assist the department in performing Radiology procedures.