Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
The Social Worker assists in the integration of social services functions in the patient care, provides 1:1 therapy using a trauma-informed approach. The therapist will coordinate with the treatment team and recommend level of care at discharge. The Social Worker provides direct care to patient as appropriate and ensures compliance with quality patient care and regulatory standards. The Social Worker assists patients and their families through the use of psychotherapeutic skills to understand, identify and resolve complex problems resulting from psychiatric illnesses utilizing group and individual therapies.
· Provide psychosocial assessments.
· Provide individual therapy using a trauma-informed approach.
· Provides social work consultation to physicians, nurses, other hospital staff members, patients, patient's relatives and coordinates with community agencies upon requests and in coordination with assigned social worker.
· Participates in hospital in-service education programs to integrate social work with other hospital departments and coordinates discharge planning.
· Maintains statistical report of services provided.
· Attend appropriate meetings, workshops, and conferences to maintain social work skills and keep informed of community resources available.
· Lead group therapy on assigned hospital units.
· Promotes safety by attending mandatory in services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility.