Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States. A Fortune magazine Most Admired Healthcare Company for nine years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, family member, employee and business partner we serve.
Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services, a division of Kindred Healthcare, is currently seeking a Senior Director of Business Development-IRF to join our inpatient rehabilitation team in our MidWest Region. This position can be based in any of our current hospital markets and requires about 80% travel.
Reporting directly to the Division Vice President of Business Development, the Senior Director of Business Development works in collaboration with DVP of Operations and Sr. Director of Finance to oversee a designated region of the Inpatient Rehabilitation portfolio for Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services. The Sr. Director of Business Development oversees the patient access function for our joint venture Inpatient Rehabilitation hospitals through day to day oversight of Directors of Business Development, Clinical Liaisons and admission office teams. This person will be responsible for each hospital's daily strategy and marketing activities to achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly volume and census targets and growth along with program development, strategic planning, and relationships between hospitals within local markets. Working in a collaborative team, this person is also responsible for ensuring overall consistent high quality and financial metrics for their region and overall IRF portfolio. Works with IRF clinical teams to rollout ongoing educational training to Director of Business Development and Clinical Liaisons.
Essential Job Functions
* Solicits and receives feedback from hospital Business Development Directors regarding the quality and satisfaction of care at joint venture hospitals.
* Provides ongoing education, communication and information to local Business Development Directors regarding patient outcomes and specific program offerings pertinent for patient population.
* Monitors the functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
* Challenges the status quo of business and marketing operations.
* Reviews, evaluates and monitors hospitals' critical volume metrics and takes actions to assist in reversing negative trends.
* Monitors and measures regional volume and case mix growth.
* Coaches and provides ongoing feedback to hospital Business Development Directors to achieve and maintain desired level of performance and recognizes and rewards appropriate continuous improvement as it relates to behaviors of marketing team.
* Analyzes historical data by referral source, program, product line, physician, hospital and payer source to understand past performance and direction of growth.
* Assures that Business Development Directors utilize market specific statistical data supplied on an annual basis to develop appropriate quarterly marketing plans.
* Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to appropriate utilization of resources and LOS management to promote quality outcomes.
* Monitors and guides Business Development Directors with marketing collateral and advertising in conjunction with corporate support that meets the needs of the market place.
* Works closely with Business Development Directors to assist in defining territories and identifying staffing needs.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Healthcare, or related area preferred.
3-5 years relevant experience in healthcare sales, marketing, or related area preferred.