Patrols the building and grounds of the hospital in order to monitor the facility for the prevention of fire, theft and vandalism. Inspects doors, windows, and locks to determine level of security. Dust mops, wet mops and buffs assigned areas on a daily basis. Collects trash from the areas in the hospital and disposes of it in the compactor outside and packages medical waste storing it in the designated area. Strips and finishes floors as required in assigned areas and assigned special project areas.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
1. Patrols the building and grounds of the hospital in order to monitor the facility for the prevention of fire, theft and vandalism. Inspects doors, windows, and locks to determine level of security
2. Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises
3. Escorts visitors, patients, and employees to and from the parking areas
When requested. Uses care and precautions when assisting population using wheelchairs, walkers, canes, etc.
4. Assist motorist who may become stranded on hospital property
5. Notifies appropriate persons when items are reported lost/found or when items reported missing are located
6. Assists in controlling access to sensitive areas by monitoring the use of key sets as requested
7. Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team responding to "Code Red" calls. Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections. Assists with traffic control by keeping fire lanes, fire hydrants, and ambulance entrances free of vehicles
8. Responds to "Code White" providing assistance in controlling disorderly or combative patients
9. Responsible for recognizing all hospital emergency codes and responding accordingly.
10. Maintains accurate log of all activity while on shift.
11. Assists patients and visitors entering or leaving the hospital. Demonstrates knowledge of communication and assessment skills in daily work with such populations such as infant, adolescent, adult and geriatrics.
12. Is knowledgeable on the monitoring of security cameras and the use of two way radio equipment
13. Dust mops, wet mops and buffs assigned areas on a daily basis
14. Collects trash from the areas in the hospital and disposes of it in the compactor outside and packages medical waste storing it in the designated area
15. Strips and finishes floors as required in assigned areas and assigned special project areas.
16. Washes windows, walls and ceilings as needed
17. Moves furniture as requested by the Housekeeping Director
18. Attends to the moving of chemicals for use in the Laundry
19. Responsible for picking up pre-bagged soiled and contaminated Laundry throughout hospital.
20. Vacuums all entrance mats and elevators every morning and as
needed throughout the day.
Ability to read and write
Capable of following oral and written instructions
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.