Responsible for performing tasks related to project completion including analysis, testing, documentation, problem resolution, and implementation of solutions as they apply to the organization's strategy. Requires a strong background in system design, implementation, and support as well as requirements gathering, report development, and data analysis. Responsible for performing tasks related to report development including requirements gathering, specification and definition documentation, design, testing, validation, analysis, and maintenance for all reporting projects.
Responsible to perform training needs assessments to identify opportunities for organizational skill and knowledge growth. design and deliver curriculum, learning materials, build training programs and prepare teaching plans. The trainer will provide skills-focused hands-on training using a variety of methods including virtual seminars, presentations, lectures, and hands-on tutorials. The trainer will assess training effectiveness and stay abreast of new trends and tools and will periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure they reflect any changes. The trainer will acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions and enhance the competencies of individual employees with designed training programs to boost the employee’s workplace performance in alliance with the Business Intelligence Advanced Analytic department’s core values.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gathers requirements and defines scope independently on projects of all size. Supports Associate and Intermediate analysis in this task across projects. Facilitates gathering scope in large projects across multiple analysts.
• Plans projects and provides time and effort estimates based on requirements gathering. Assists other analysts as needed in project planning and time/effort estimation.
• Builds solution architecture for both business intelligence and data project work.
• Locate and identify data needed, profiles to determine quality and appropriateness, understands necessary manipulation and relationships to be established, and recognizes how to transform the data set to establish what is needed for next stage BI and reporting.
• Deliver clear requirements for requests to perform ETL from other team members.
• Mastery of data literacy - able to identify and derive key insights from data. Able to hear a business need and understand how to apply data and visualizations to support this need. Educate others on key data literacy concepts.
• Responsible for following data governance and stewardship practices as defined. Performing documentation and discovery associated with these initiatives. Identifying data quality issues while performing data profiling and testing/validation. Able to act as a data steward and resolve issues or work with appropriate parties to have issues resolved and documented.
• Abides by the rules in place regarding segregation of duties and
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to build across BI tools (like Crystal Reports, Tableau, Web Intelligence, etc.) and creating complex queries in data tools.
• Ability to test and validate against an established testing plan, including spot checking results in two sets. Ability to fully validate two files against one another and summarize findings coherently.
• Can perform business analysis. Able to use reporting and BI tools to identify insights. Able to marry business understanding with data understanding to do complex analysis and make recommendations to business stakeholders around how to optimally use data and BI to solve their needs based on their findings.
• Awareness of key terminology and business concepts. Comfortable interacting with stakeholders across any area of the organization and asking the right questions to understand their role and area and understanding how that fits into the healthcare landscape.
• Ability to generate adhoc reporting independently.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to review issues/problems and develop/reach a solution.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business or other relevant analytical/data field required. Minimum six years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required. Minimum of four years of healthcare information reporting and/or data analysis experience required.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business or other relevant analytical/data field required. Minimum eight years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required. Minimum six years of healthcare information reporting and/or data analysis experience required.
Minimum ten years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting may substitute for the degree requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Geisinger is known for its focus on caring and innovative programs including the ProvenCare® best-practice approach to maximize quality, safety and value; ProvenHealth Navigator® advanced medical home; Springboard Health® population health program to improve the health of an entire community; ProvenExperience™ to provide refunds to patients unhappy with their care experience; and Geisinger’s MyCode® Community Health Initiative, the largest healthcare system-based precision health project in the world. With more than 215,000 volunteer participants enrolled, MyCode is conducting extensive research and returning medically actionable results to participants. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.