The Care Delivery Specialist will design and implement new models of health and care management services, and associated payment mechanisms. The Care Delivery Specialist will monitor relevant healthcare policy and reimbursement and provider and health plan market trends, and provide technical assistance and support across all phases of projects including refining scope, creating workplans, escalating risk and resolving barriers for key projects. Works closely with clinical and operations leadership at the health plan, system and facility levels across the Geisinger enterprise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Assemble multidisciplinary project teams and governance structures, including external partner organizations as appropriate
• Define, document and effectively communicate project scope, objectives, deliverables, major milestones, timelines, support cost and pro forma estimation, and definition of key performance indicators, including requirements, constraints, and assumptions
• Manage project risks through pro-active risk identification and developing appropriate contingency plans
• Support leadership in managing changes to project scope, schedule and costs to keep the project plan accurate and reflective of authorized project changes
• Support visibility on overall project status for all stakeholders and leadership
• Performs project After Action Reviews (AAR) and communicates lessons learned to leadership
• Monitor value-based payment policy developments across payors, including Medicare and Medicaid, and how benefits, eligibility and reimbursement changes impact opportunities for value-based payments throughout the Geisinger enterprise
• Manage contractors and/or in-house staff performing market research on relevant industry trends, products and services
• Represent the Steele Institute in meetings with external vendors and clinical and health plan leadership
• Support other Geisinger departments in leveraging innovation assets including, advanced analytics, behavioral economics, and data science, to meet business needs and requirements that will advance operations and performance and support Geisinger’s strategic goals
• Draft RFP and RFEIs as needed to solicit external partners
• Participate in and provide guidance related to vendor management associated to assigned projects including but is not limited to, contract negotiations, invoicing issues lists and new product evaluations.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a customer.
• Demonstrates competence in organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to organize workload, manage time and resources, and schedule and prioritize basic projects and tasks.
• Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers or workstations.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead and evaluate projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years healthcare related experience.
• An advanced understanding of federal and state entities that regulate, design, monitor and implement health insurance and health service programs and the administrative structure of funding sources for these agencies and programs
• Knowledge of current and proposed payment and care delivery models and sources of information on public and private payer trends and issues
• Knowledge of clinical care delivery settings and workflows (inpatient, outpatient, post-acute) and the core business infrastructure for health care providers and payers
• Experience with implementing large scale and/or transformative projects involving multiple stakeholders in government or large organizations
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Healthcare Management or related field
Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Healthcare Management or related field
Required Certifications or Licensures:
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Geisinger is known for its focus on caring and innovative programs including the ProvenCare® best-practice approach to maximize quality, safety and value; ProvenHealth Navigator® advanced medical home; Springboard Health® population health program to improve the health of an entire community; ProvenExperience™ to provide refunds to patients unhappy with their care experience; and Geisinger’s MyCode® Community Health Initiative, the largest healthcare system-based precision health project in the world. With more than 215,000 volunteer participants enrolled, MyCode is conducting extensive research and returning medically actionable results to participants. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.