You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
The Event Coordinator for Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center will be involved identifying, planning, and executing Continuing Medical Education events. Will work closely with BMDACC leadership, HR partners and external partners/ vendors. Previous experience facilitating and coordinating CME events highly preferred.
Schedule: Full-Time 40 hour/week
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position, plans, coordinates, and implements identified special events programs that support the mission of the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates all phases of identified special events including planning, consulting, budgeting, overseeing events, and post-event reporting as required.
2. Arranges space and facilities required for identified special events, working with businesses and vendors as needed.
3. Formulates and executes plans for effective utilization of available funds, equipment, and supplies.
4. Attract, organize, and retain hospital and community-wide committees to assist with planning and running special events. Develops sponsor relationships with area businesses to build financial support for each event.
5. Prepares and maintains reports and required documentation and records for all designated events.
6. Administers special events budget and effectively utilizes available funds, personnel, equipment, materials and supplies related to special events.
7. Prepares and maintains reports and required documentation for all events included but not limited to list management. Must be able to use, with proficiency, appropriate software applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and appropriate graphic tools.
8. Manages and implements marketing strategies for each event to reach attendance and financial goals.
9. This position requires a high degree of interpersonal skills, leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills to accomplish successful special events. Must be able to problem solve and make decisions independently as needed for event planning and mission completion.
Knowledge and experience typically attained with a Bachelor's degree in recreation, marketing, public relations, communications, related field or three years of experience in a similar position.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and personal computer.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS A minimum of two years experience in coordinating, developing, and implementing special events is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1969
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.