Leads the team analyzing data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide clinical microbiology molecular testing clinical results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and manage team of analysts ensuring quality of results.
· Review test results, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
· Interpret RT PCR data and sign out clinical reports.
· Act a clinical expert leading review of queries and anomalies.
· Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise, identify training needs, assure that technical staff receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type of tasks performed and evaluate employee competency.
· Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency, and accuracy of results.
· Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
· Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers.
· Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
· Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must meet qualifications established by CLIA for Technical Supervisor: CFR Subpart M §493.1449.
· MD or PhD, MS, BS Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology. AND · Experience in both Microbiology and Virology dependent on level of education.
· M.D. and at least one year of lab training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology unless board certified in clinical and anatomical pathology.
OR · PhD: at least one year of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology. OR · Masters degree with at least two years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology. OR · Bachelors degree with at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology.
· Minimum one year clinical molecular biology experience.
· Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
· Knowledgeable of Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics.
· Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
· Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
· Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
· Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
· Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience.
· Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
· Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
· Weekend rotation may be required.
· Travel is not required.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
· Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
· Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
· Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
Laboratory supervisors, Laboratory Assistants.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
Internal Number: 1
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and applied markets. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier and more accurate insights supported by deep market knowledge and technical expertise. Our dedicated team of about 13,000 employees worldwide is passionate about helping customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the wellbeing and longevity of people globally. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2.9 billion in 2019, serves customers in 190 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.