Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
The HIMS Department is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records. HIMS analyzes medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility's medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and state, federal and other regulatory agency requirements. This department performs a variety of HIMS work, such as record completion, document imaging, release of information, and providing services and information to physicians and staff.
Join a team passionate about supporting our patient care counter parts by ensuring medical records are available to them quickly. This team is looking for superstars that want to join a team full of positivity and customer obsession. You will be supporting Banner Del Webb Sunday - Thursday 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m. .
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position performs a variety of HIMS functions, including one or more of the following: record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and/or providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility's medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
3. Provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means including coordinating birth registrations with State recording processes.
4. Performs the document imaging function as required, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
5. Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
6. Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, providing training for Dragon/voice recognition applications, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
7. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and medical record requirements. Has assigned responsibility within a department or clinic. Customers are physicians and office staff, nursing and ancillary staff.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R9736
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.