The Phlebotomist II collects and processes quality specimens in a safe manner as outlined in BSWH policies and procedures. Aids in the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Phlebotomist II assists with training and auditing of behaviors and performance, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures
- Responsible for high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct.
- Performs job responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Demonstrates engagement with achieving department goals and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate has the knowledge and ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with regulations; has analytical and critical thinking skills; has the ability to comprehend and communicate instructions; is able to multi-task; is skilled in the use of computers and related software applications; has knowledge of safety and infection control standards; and has the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Location/Facility - BSW Medical Center McKinney, TX
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Phlebotomy Technician (PBT): Must have a Phlebotomy Tech Cert from one of these agencies: ASCP, NPA, ASPT, NCC, NHA, AMT, NAHP, AMCA or ACA.
Internal Number: 20005706
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!