The Baylor Scott & White Health Emergency Medical Technician administers efficient, rapid, quality care and transport to critically ill or injured patients in a dynamic and demanding environment. Responsibilities to include:
- Performs patient assessments and evaluations effectively and promptly and institutes treatment plans that are prioritized appropriately and are within the scope of care guidelines as set forth by the Texas Department of Health.
- Continuously evaluates the status of patients to monitor the effectiveness of interventions, and revises treatment plans promptly and effectively as necessary according to the changing needs of patients.
- Responds quickly to patients request for assistance with personal hygiene needs.
- Documents and organizes patient care information accurately and thoroughly, with no more than 5% of service reports returned for completion.
Our Emergency Medical Technician also ensures the ambulance is maintained in a constant state of readiness to respond quickly to any emergency call. Responsibilities include:
- Completes daily check list for assigned ambulance.
- Changes cot linen and removes soiled items, dirt and trash at the completion of each run.
- Notifies the appropriate personnel immediately when required supplies and equipment are not available for stocking the unit.
- Maintains the cleanliness and functionality of the cleaning, sleeping and crew quarter areas on a regular basis.
The ideal Emergency Medical Technician candidate will be able to think quickly in high stress, life or death situations, and be able to work in a high stress, fast paced environment.
Location/Facility - BSW Temple, Texas
Specialty/Department/Practice - Information Technology - Service Management
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Basic Life Support (BLS)
Emerg Med Tech - Paramedic (EMT-P)
Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Internal Number: 20005729
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!