Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for leaders who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our executives are at the forefront of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
The CEO will have leadership oversight and overall accountability for the Northern Colorado area, includes North Colorado Medical Center, Mckee Medical Center and Ft. Collins Medical Center.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has overall accountability for producing desired results associated with service excellence, quality clinical outcomes, market share maintenance/expansion, and financial integrity of operations at assigned medical facility or complexes, being highly visible at the facility, region and system levels, and includes the development and management of campus growth and improvement plans, efficient utilization of resources, acquisition of technology, and program development. This position is responsible for developing and fostering positive relationships with all constituents including medical staff, employees, volunteers, external agencies, and the community. This leadership position is also responsible for the development of short and long-term plans for carrying out the goals and objectives of the System as developed by the Board of Directors. This position is responsible serving as a change agent and driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on patient safety and the overall patient experience. This position serves as the principal link between hospital activities and the community, local Board, and medical staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Promotes high performance expectations for the campus leadership/management team. Directs and ensures the effective identification, recruitment, development, and maintenance of talent for current and future organizational/facility needs in order to achieve goals and objectives. Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Motivates and develops team members and promotes teamwork.
2. Directs and oversees financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition (maximizing return on investment).
3. Maintains a service excellence and healing culture with high expectations established for positive patient experiences. This culture should create an environment that results in high employee retention and high employee satisfaction. This service excellence culture includes ongoing and meaningful communication with employees to ensure that all staff members are well informed and recognized appropriately. Serves as a leader in developing the Continuous Quality Improvement process, in educating staff and role modeling Service Excellence, and in assisting with cultural transformation.
4. Develops and maintains positive relations with the medical staff, the community, patients, families, regulatory agencies, contractors, and other applicable parties, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Promotes collaboration between the system, hospital management, and medical staff. Serves as a liaison to the medical staff leadership and to the medical staff committees. Works with medical staff to assure the provision of facilities and services that fosters a high level of professional practice and responsiveness to the needs of the community, including high quality patient health care and desired medical management outcomes.
5. Provides leadership and actively participates in the development and implementation of strategic, tactical, program and operational planning. Utilizes forecasting and planning processes to identify capital and technology acquisitions and program development opportunities which achieve desired campus growth related to capacity and capability of services offered, ensuring the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
6. Participates in community and industry activities in an effort to enhance community recognition of the organization and the campus, ensure proper regulatory and accreditation standards, and to obtain cooperation and support of the community on issues that impact the medical center. Positively represents the organization and the facility in the community and/or with various national, regional, and/or local entities, garnering desired support in order to enhance program development.
7. Implements, through management and leadership staff, a Patient Safety Plan that: fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes rather than individual blame; ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new services; allocates financial, informational, physical and human resources for improvement activities; and assures patient and family disclosure of "untoward outcomes."
8. Maintains on-going communication with facility employees to ensure that the staff is well informed in regards to the strategic direction of the System. Conducts routine employee forums to inform and keep abreast of the issues that employees are facing and ensures that issues are addressed timely and appropriately to avoid third party intervention.
9. This highly complex and dynamic role has full executive leadership for an assigned medical facility and/or medical complex/center(s), ranging from a large campus in a metropolitan area with Level I trauma, high-risk neonatal, transplantation services, and medical teaching facility to a small community hospital. Attains and monitors a complex mix of services and innovations necessary to sustain a competitive advantage and achieve pre-eminence for the hospital in its community in a fast-moving healthcare environment. Excellent medical staff, employee, and community relations are vital and ever challenging. Scope of responsibility includes leading facility operational planning, consistent with organizational priories, to identify and reach short and long-term goals and overseeing day-to-day operations of assigned facility. This position also has overall budgetary responsibility for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Serves as a member of senior leadership for assigned region.
Requires a strong knowledge in operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, management, business, or related field, coupled with a minimum of five years increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in a healthcare or related field.
Experience representing a hospital, medical complex, and/or medical center(s) to its community, with evidence of strengthening the hospital's presence and impact. Proven track record of partnering with medical staff to achieve desired facility-specific and organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of modern national trends in hospital quality and patient safety.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
Master's degree preferred Depending on assigned facility, may prefer experience within a multi-unit hospital system. Board Certified American College of Healthcare Executives Fellow (FACHE) credential preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14580
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.