Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position is an entry level position that assigns, monitors and fulfills IT service requests in the service management system to ensure high quality customer service. This position leads workflow of customer service requests and is responsible for providing user level support for assigned IT activities.
1. Provides and enhances customer support for all department services and project management. Ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs, serves as a liaison between facility staff and information technology, and communicates with customer throughout the lifecycle of the provided service to ensure the customer stays informed.
2. Interacts with customers, support services and vendor partners in managing; assessing, designing, planning and developing detailed specifications for project assignments, attend or facilitates routine meetings; participating in the support of information technology and facility driven projects to ensure proper support and assistance, and assist IT Service Delivery leadership to ensure facility projects include IT budgetary projections.
3. Prioritizes and schedules daily service requests by assigning appropriate technical resource(s), ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs, and documents all actions of end-user requests using tracking management systems keeping customers informed throughout fulfillment process.
4. Attends routine meetings; participating in the support of major information technology and facility driven projects to ensure proper support and assistance. Identifies and provides solution options to meet or exceed the needs of the customer.
5. Creates vendor quotes from approved vendors. Transitions quote to purchase requisition and obtains appropriate approvals. Enters information using appropriate procurement system and tracks orders to receipt of delivery.
6. Manages procurement of IT services and products and follows all asset management procedure and guidelines. Ensures order and stock management are maintained.
7. Conducts needs assessment and provide recommendations to information technology leadership identifying basic customer, departmental, and/or facility/location software and/or hardware needs.
8. Acts as a technical lead and serves as an escalation point for IT Service Delivery issues and may perform complex troubleshooting and request activities serving as a lead in endpoint related projects and initiatives.
9. Position coordinates and manages the IT Service Delivery functions within a facility, group of facilities, clinics, or service lines as assigned. Latitude to make day-to-day decisions as needed in the support of both internal and external customers. These customers are primarily end-users of computing technology, and other department staff. External customers consist of vendors, contractors, affiliate clinics and hospitals, and clients. Customer support is primarily based at facilities and/or service lines across company.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
Experience and education normally obtain through an Associate's degree and one plus year of relevant experience.
Must have a strong work ethic and initiative to work well in a team environment. Requires strong organizational, customer service, communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of staff and management.
Must be knowledgeable in the use and operation of a wide range of desktop, mobile devices and network connectivity. Knowledge of Microsoft Office O365 applications.
Variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Previous experience with assigning daily workloads and tasks. General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable. Previous experience working on IT projects. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17636
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.