This is an exciting new opportunity to be part of our Resource Optimization Center - also known as the ROC. You will report to the Senior Director and will have two WFM Scheduler colleagues. The ROC team consists of a variety of positions - we have Forecasters, Schedulers, Real-time Analysts, and Business Analysts - supporting our Customer Experience Channels contact centers. In this role, you will be creating and maintaining the phone agent work schedules. You will learn and actively use a tool called Aspect WFM; the tool allows you to track and modify the phone agent's work schedule - including breaks, meals, and all off-the-phone activities.
One of the most energizing parts of this role is you will be part of the workforce management deployment to the contact center areas. Banner Health has invested significant resources to enhance the customer experience. The WFM rollout is part of this effort. You will be instrumental in training the contact centers on the new tool and WFM processes, and communicating the associated changes. The agents will learn about requesting Time Off, swapping schedules, Shift Bids, and schedule adherence.
We are looking for someone with WFM contact center experience who is interested in applying their talents in the healthcare industry. Banner is a non-profit organization and the largest private employer in Arizona. This is a great opportunity to join our high-performing team and become part of our customer-centric culture.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will be responsible for creating contact center agent schedules for the Banner Health customer service network (Banner Health Network, Banner Medical Group, Banner Pharmacy Services, customer service, employee benefit services, and individual facility support, as well as all virtual contact channels). This role is critical to aligning the contact center customer demand distributions with the contact agent workforce schedules, in order to achieve the Banner Health Abandon Contact Rate goals. This position is also responsible for scheduling off-the-phone activities, approving Paid Time Off requests, and requesting overtime coverage.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Create contact center agent work schedules to achieve Abandon Contact Rate and business goals, while optimizing the workforce to enhance margins and provide a superior customer experience.
2. Conduct analyses to determine the health and effectiveness of the contact center scheduling sets. Make necessary modifications required to improve Abandon Contact Rate performance. Analyze options and consider multiple alternative scheduling solutions to drive results.
3. Use creativity and client feedback to develop employee friendly scheduling model to meet business objectives while reducing employee attrition.
4. Produce short-term resource plans by scheduling off-the-phone activities such as team meetings, training sessions, and 1-on-1's with leaders. In addition, review and process Paid Time Off requests and overtime needs to ensure adequate short-term contact center staffing.
5. Communicate daily and half-hourly scheduling plans to all levels of the business. Communicate complex analysis in a clear and specific way tailored to the audience's level of understanding.
6. Share and implement standard contact center agent scheduling best practices across all servicing segments and contact groups.
7. Build consensus through superior interpersonal skills and to gain buy-in for delivering effective schedules aligned with the contact group's workload demand.
8. Position has accountability for contact center workforce scheduling for the entire enterprise (~2,000 agents) to achieve a superior customer outcome. Position will make decisions relative to short-term scheduling such as team meetings, training sessions, and 1-on-1's with leaders. In addition, position will review and process Paid Time Off requests and overtime/early out needs to ensure adequate short-term contact center staffing. Must be able to operate in an ever-changing environment. This position is responsible for meeting business expectations by ensuring there is appropriate coverage in the contact center. Strong analytical abilities to provide workforce scheduling options based on data and informed experience.
Bachelor's in math, statistics or business or related field or equivalent education and experience required.
Three years of scheduling experience in a complex, multi-site/multi-media contact center environment required.
Workforce management experience related to contact delivery/routing, long-term capacity planning, contact agent resource scheduling, and real-time intraday management is desired. Working knowledge of Banner Health contact center segments preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22902
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.