Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Most days for a Human Resources Senior Consultant are a mixture of structured and leadership on the move. Working alongside the CEO, CNO and CFO of the facility we partner in long term planning, as well as the development of 1-2 year strategic focus areas. In nearly all aspects of the job, we strive to ensure our Senior Leadership Teams are kept informed of any issues we are dealing with, as we provide support and guidance to the leaders in our facilities. Leadership development is a primary focus and in nearly all situations we work to provide our leaders with guidance, rather than instruction as a means to assist in their growth as leaders.
In this role you are the sole HR person at Banner Lassen Medical Center , with an entire team of resources at your fingertips. You will support our front lines, answer questions, interpret policy, talk through challenges and help to find solutions to help alleviate the stressors of everyday issues, in order to allow our front line staff to focus on and enjoy their work. Leadership development, employee engagement, succession planning, performance management offer a wide variety of disciplines that we operate within and the Human Resources Senior Consultant is a champion of Banner's core values and the culture at the facility.
Strong knowledge of California Labor Law is desirable.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you'll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
POSITION SUMMARY This position participates in driving business solutions, culture development and talent management strategies across Banner and their respective business in partnership with the broader Human Resource organization. Leverages metrics, data, and analytics for solutions that drive the business's performance. Functions as the feedback loop to ensure HR programs are aligned with business needs. Consults and advises business leaders on broad talent issues that impact engagement, retention, and overall business performance and results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in, planning, aligning design and own the development of critical talent management solutions to complex business situations for assigned business groups that drive performance and integration. Using knowledge of competitive strategies and tactics in developing culture, recommending development of business organizational structure, vision, and governance, and strategic workforce planning models, succession planning, guiding the capability of teams to meet strategic initiatives and other business scorecard metrics, analytics and solutions, retention and engagement, leadership development planning, change management, process redesign.
2. Plans and aligns an interactive ongoing process with leaders in the development and implementation of innovative strategies leading to positive business outcomes around the four perspectives and actively transferring best practices from/to different functions within the organization. Using a strategic mindset thinking about the collective organization, our big picture and avoiding a "silo" mentality acting as an analyst, gathering data as needed and making key decisions that drive results within assigned business units.
3. Acts as a courageous fully functioning, highly visible and influential member of the leadership team for business and communities they support. Instills trust while providing counsel and guidance demonstrating interpersonal savvy in all areas of human resource management, ensuring consideration of appropriate policies, practices and employment law consulting on how labor affects people strategy helping to maintain an environment of high retention and engagement and free of third party influence.
4. Strong and influential role model for expected Banner behaviors, particularly for those in leadership of Optimizing Organizational Talent, Shape the Future, Executive Presence, collaboration for integration across the continuum, and modeling a consumer oriented culture. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and constructive feedback to others, facing people problems quickly and directly-regardless of who is involved and what the situation may be not being afraid to take negative action when necessary.
5. Builds effective high performing teams acting as the lead responsible for creating appropriate solutions while building strong business relationships, continuously but collaboratively representing the proactive business perspective in the design, two way communication, and implementation of all HR programs with other segments of the HR team. Effectively assesses organizational talent helping others to do the same in an aim to ultimately drive positive outcomes for the organization.
6. May plan and align HR strategies for merger and acquisition activity within assigned business units and communities that promotes cultural integration for Banner.
7. Ability to excel in a highly matrixed organization to establish performance measures, assess and evaluate operations, and work with leadership to assure efficient and effective delivery of clinical and non-clinical services that drive us to an integrated delivery network.
8. The position promotes system consistency while addressing unique business issues for assigned business groups. This position requires the skill to influence management at all levels in the creation of an environment of choice in a fast paced environment. This role faces unpredictable situations that may have significant financial and exposure for Banner's brand. This role may be responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with leaders, staff members, division and department heads, and medical staff that drives system integration. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, physicians, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and community partners.
Strong knowledge of human resources and business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Requires extensive knowledge and background in talent development, talent acquisition, retention/engagement, and coaching. Also an operating knowledge in the areas of planning, developing, training, budgeting and organizing programs and services, typically acquired through a minimum of three years of progressively responsible human resources management experience is essential. Extensive experience in a large, complex, highly-matrixed, multi-site organization staffed by professionals in multiple disciples. Proven experience in leading best-in-class HR organizational practices. Experience in organizational settings comprised of diverse missions and economic drivers. Knowledge and thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing employment law and the health care business. Skilled in leading a best-in-class HR organization and practices; effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail;. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Demonstrates conflict management skills tactfully navigating and advocating while building trust and bringing clarity to conversations. Has an understanding of the business strategy and overall vision of the organization, practicing at the top of their capability.
Possesses strong business acumen, knows how the businesses works and is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization as a whole. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive and influential; inspirational; able to make rational decisions in complex and ambiguous situations; highly visible; honorable; self-confident and humble; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with diverse stakeholders; strong listener; values multiple disciplines and diversity; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to consumers and employees.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred. Master's Degree preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25829
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.