Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a Associate Supervisor/Study Director to support our contract with National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease at Fort Detrick, MD.
• Serve as a study manager and collaborate with other researchers of multiple specialties on projects that support the mission of the IRF
• Maintains strong working knowledge of viral pathogenesis, medical countermeasures, and methods to assess disease outcomes in animal models of high consequence viral pathogens to include the use of sophisticated imaging modalities
• Assist with management of the IRF Biocontainment facility • Responsibility for coordinating research collaborations with multiple departments/laboratories and supervisory responsibility for assigned technical staff
• Actively solicits mission-relevant collaborations from academia, industry, and/or Government agencies. • Write and edit study reports, manuscripts and data summaries for assigned projects
• Oversee study planning, scheduling, and staffing requirements
. • Write and oversee study protocols (in vitro and in vivo)
. • Support virus production and quantification activities
. • Manage development and performance of advanced molecular biology assays (e.g. RT-qPCR)
• Assist in management of sequencing and bioinformatics capabilities at the IRF
. • Publishes results in peer-reviewed, ideally high-impact, national and international journals
. • Development of standard operating procedures (SOP) protocols and Methods
. • Presentation of research data in periodical laboratory meetings and possibly conferences
. • Identify and solve common problems relating to laboratory methodology, instrumentation and procedure.
• Participate in development of assays used in the laboratory, and training others on equipment and assays.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Strong background in nucleic-acid sequencing development, optimization, troubleshooting, and analysis.
• Strong publication record.
• Demonstrated track record of leading scientists and technical support staff.
• Experience with animal models of infectious viral diseases
• Experience working with Institutional Biosafety and Animal Care and Use
• Familiarity in operation if Illumina platform sequencing equipment and analysis of NGS data
• Familiarity with 10x single-cell sequencing platform.
• Strong publication record. • Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
• Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA-approved vaccines for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents.
• Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain compliance in the NIH Biosurety Program
• Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
• Must be willing to work under BSL-2, BSL-3, and in particular, BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
• Ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyze, summarize, and present data.
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Must be able to obtain Tier 3 background investigtion
Internal Number: 7041
About Alakaina Foundation Family of Companies
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.