The Cybersecurity threat detection team's main objective is proactive threat management. Protecting health care data is an important aspect of Banner Health's cybersecurity and business strategy. In this role you will get to work with industry tools and technologies needed to protect the organization's most sensitive data. You will be responsible for implementing detection engineering products and services related to the threat management platform. The candidate will help create a detection strategy and ensure the detection platform is operating as proactively as possible . We are looking for a senior cybersecurity professional that will take charge, track and achieve established metrics, be innovative, collaborative, drive efficiency with current processes.
The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday, 8a-5p with schedule flexibility. The primary location for this role will be at Banner Corporate (Phoenix Plaza - off Thomas and Central) and will be limited on-site with remote capabilities. An ideal candidate would possess a bachelor's degree with 3+ years of related experience, experience with detection engineering, Splunk platform management, ServiceNow, strong communication skills, and experience with technology telemetry analytics.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads the designs, develops, configures, implements, tunes, maintains solutions, resolve technical and business issues related to cybersecurity threat & vulnerability management, identity management, security operations center, forensics, and data protection. Cybersecurity Engineers work with Cybersecurity Architects to execute strategic cyber initiatives, evaluate security components of the network, applications and end-user devices, and provides guidance to ensure new systems meet regulatory and technical standards. Cybersecurity Engineers leads root-cause analysis on Cyber systems to determine improvement opportunities when failures occur. Cybersecurity Engineers work closely with other IT organizations to ensure cyber products are working and integrating with non-cyber environments (apps, networks, End User devices, Servers, etc).
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Proactively initiates the design and implementation of cybersecurity solutions, upgrades, enhancements, while looking forward three to five years.
2. Leads in providing technical expertise and support for cybersecurity solutions, including operational aspects of the software.
3. Serves as subject matter expert in the design, implementation, and compliance of secure baseline configurations for applications and infrastructure components.
4. Proactively initiates technical assessments of systems and applications to ensure compliance with policy, standards and regulations.
5. Authors new cybersecurity standards and procedures. Leads the revision of existing cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures, as needed.
6. Serves as technical leader for cybersecurity projects, including the development of project scope requirements, budgeting, work breakdown and operational handoff.
7. Identify threats and develop suitable defense measures, evaluate system changes for security implications, and recommend enhancements, research, and draft cybersecurity white papers, and provide first-class support to the cybersecurity operations staff for resolving difficult cybersecurity issues.
8. Under limited direction, self starter, this position is responsible for cybersecurity across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff and management. Work closely on cross functional IT Teams. Leads work through indirect leadership across other cyber resources. Articulate complex Security functions into simple business ease.
Certification in two or more of the following areas Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), HealthCare Information Security & Privacy Practitioner, (HCISPP), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - Engineering (ISSEP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), SANS GIAC, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Four plus years as a System Administrator or in IT Operations. Or four plus years in risk management or GRC experience in the healthcare/medical environment. Five plus years' experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.