Certified Sterile Processing Tech PRN AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization, use or storage.
· Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
· Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
· Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
· Resterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
· Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing. Orders and puts away supplies as needed.
· Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, the Outpatient Care Center, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort. Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Previous sterile processing experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an approved Central Service Technician training course program.
· Membership in the International Association of Hospital Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or the American Society of Healthcare Central Service Professionals (ASHCSP) required within 1 year of hire date.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 year experience in a central service department and/or related healthcare field required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certification in Sterile Processing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
Corporate Compliance Program:
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
· Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital’s Incident Report Form.
· Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
· Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures.
· Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department(s) response to utility failure.
· Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures.
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council.
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional Activities and Expectations
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Maintains satisfactory work attendance
· Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Florida Hospital North Pinellas and Adventist Health System
Provides care and safety of the patient while in the Operating Room under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. By knowledge and assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the technician anticipates the needs of the surgeon and provides this service while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner. This individual will often coordinate his/her work to meet the ever-changing needs of the department/hospital. Day-to-day responsibilities require good use of judgment regarding timely and appropriate communication with the hospital staff, patients and visitors. Recognizes the need for teamwork and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.