Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists the supervisor in organizing and directing the activities of the infection control program for all departments throughout a facility or ambulatory setting, including surveillance, infection prevention and control measures, and education for employees.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts focused surveillance for healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), detects and records HAIs on a systematic and current basis, analyzes HAIs and prepares reports for the Infection Control Committee of the facility or ambulatory setting. Reports communicable diseases as required by regulation.
2. Makes recommendations when problems are identified. Interprets department policies and procedures in conjunction with the supervisor.
3. Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional and non-professional staff members as a consultant.
4. Enters data into computer, prepares reports, conducts analytical studies and summarizes surveillance data.
5. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection.
6. Assists with continuing infection control education and inservice programs to departments, including orientation for new employees.
7. Reviews and assists with evaluation of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to infection control. Assists in writing and revising infection control policies and procedures.
8. Makes recommendations regarding construction, renovation, environmental rounds, and assures compliance with national and/or professional standards.
9. Department responsibility only, although is involved in system-wide infection control activities. Customers are internal: physicians, employees, managers, volunteers, students, patients and external: public health agencies, general public.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a current RN license with BSN preferred, OR Masters in Public Health (MPH), OR certified medical technologist, OR a bachelor's degree in healthcare related field.
Must have a minimum of two years clinical experience in a hospital setting or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent desired. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is preferred. Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.