Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week M-F. 30 Minute Call could be required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reports inventory discrepancies/shortages to the Case Cart Manager with the investigation of these concerns.
· Assists with receiving and restocking incoming supplies and ensures items are stored in the proper unit of issue in assigned locations.
· Assists in preparing all necessary documentation for returns and exchanges.
· Assists with cycle counts as assigned by the Case Cart Manager.
· Fills PAR list needs for the surgical areas, MOR/One Day rooms, Core supplies and specialty carts.
· Functions as a resource to OR Staff, Physicians and other department for supply and inventory issues.
· Communicates location and supply level suggestions/changes and problems to Case Cart Manager on a regular basis.
· Assists with local institutions for the lending, borrowing and buying of products as required.
· Identifies charge number discrepancies to the Case Cart Manager.
· Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and professional development.
· Attends annual mandatory in-service required meetings and continuing education.
· Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, visitors and the community to enhance the hospital’s reputation as a health care center.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Customer Service
· Assist OR staff and co-workers in a professional and timely manner.
· Independently deliver stock to all the following departments: MOR, One Day, CVOR and WCOR.
· Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Has the knowledge and ability to independently perform the following:
· Print a schedule
· Print add-on cases.
· Review the schedule-check for cancellations, add-ons, and preference list changes
· Ability to take call.
· Ability to troubleshoot and substitute items when needed.
· Has the skills and knowledge to identify a missing item and contact the appropriate personnel. (I.e. Buyer, Inventory Control, Supervisor, and other hospitals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Experience sufficient to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School graduate or equivalent is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Computer skills
· Inventory knowledge
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
The Case Cart Technician utilizes surgical expertise problem solving functions, and to perform specific tasks or routines that are supportive to patient care, and expedites OR efficiency for all surgical areas. Responsible for directing case cart and equipment support activities as assigned by the Case Cart Manager
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.