The Clinical Performance Analyst provides expertise on moderate and complex system applications and leads project teams. This includes analyzing data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. This position is responsible for and/or participates in creating data definitions, validating data, retrieving data from systems, merging data from multiple sources, participating or reviewing technical documentation, report configuration, creating training materials and facilitating or leading cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. AJoint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior.We have a strong patient to nurse ratio, a culture of Shared Leadership, and are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
Monday - Friday
40 hours per week
8 hour shifts
Occasional Evenings and Weekends
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Works on problems requiring data analysis and the evaluation of identifiable factors. Typically receives general instruction on routine work. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and polices in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with departments system-wide to ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions.
1. Participates in cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or enterprise-wide scope to implement system changes. This may also include providing oversight, change management, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team. Conducts regular meetings with stake holders and uploads necessary documents to the SharePoint site.
2. Performs analysis of customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications to meet customer needs. Data may include, but are not limited to; online applications, electronic forms, moderate to complex reports.
3. Serves as a liaison and expert resource for displaying of data in reporting, and availability of data.
4. Maintains optimal operation of departmental reports in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design.
5. Keeps current on industry, standards and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
6. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant analysis of multiple or complex data sources.
7. Develops interrelationships among partners and customers who might have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related business discipline or computer science.
A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than 5 years working with complex data environments or systems. Must demonstrate ability to lead project or cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs.
Excellent working knowledge of typical word processing, spreadsheet and/or database applications is required. Strong organizational skills, as well as, excellent oral and written communication and human relation skills are required.
Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, Peribirth, TSI, and Quality Advisor), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Experience with SAS or SSRS.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.