Information Technology Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position functions as the first point of contact for customer support of IT issues for all internal and Banner-affiliated customers. The incumbent acts as a resource for the work group and assists in the role of answering, logging and resolving of customer issues
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Efficiently answers, troubleshoots, resolves, thoroughly documents and accurately triages incoming calls, web portal interactions and e-mails to the Service Desk.
2. Interacts with the customer, department and vendor support to facilitate first call incident resolution. Documents interactions with customers using Service Desk and Incident Management system. Escalates user issues as needed by contacting the appropriate resource group. Updates the incident tracking system as necessary. Provides updates to customers via the outgoing ACD message system and web-based communication tool.
3. Provides a high quality customer service experience to all customers and coworkers.
4. Coordinates closely with senior peers to identify, investigate, track, and resolve desktop, application and system issues, ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
5. Assists in developing and utilizes on-line procedures, solutions, and knowledge databases. Assists with training of peers and acts as a resource for other staff members
6. This position has responsibility for multiple company information technology applications and systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities regarding the urgency of the issue and/or application. The incumbent has mid-level decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Must also possess 2 or more years experience in a technology support role.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours may be required.
Previous experience in a large volume or complex technology call or support center. Previous experience in a healthcare or related environment. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.