Centrally located to outdoor recreation activities
Faith based Organization
Community Involvement always giving back to the community
Full Time/Days - 8:30-5:00
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment immediately after surgery.
· Maintains adequate turnaround of instrumentation and trays in the event of an emergency
· Inspects instrumentation as it is cleaned for any defects or damage.
· Assembles instrument trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, notifies supervisor of any deviations.
· Monitors sterilizers in Sterile Supply and OR according to infection control policies.
· Approves that each sterilization load has reached its completion as to the required time, temperature and pressure for the duration required to reach sterilization.
What You Will Need:
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Basic knowledge in Medical Terminology required
Must be computer literate. Word and Excel experience preferred
One (1) year surgical medical supplies knowledge preferred.
Responsible for the manual and mechanical decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products, instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and procedures regarding sterilization, decontamination as it applies to Infection Control and safety. Performs routine preventative maintenance on Sterile Processing (SPD) equipment. Keeps surgical instrumentation and endoscopes in good working order and notifies the Supervisor or Manager of necessary repairs. Assist Supervisor in maintaining disinfectants and sterilization supplies. Assembles instruments trays according to count sheets, ensuring instrument trays are complete. Accurate and in good condition. Notifies Supervisor or Manager of lost instruments. Communicates with appropriate surgery technicians that all supply, instruments and equipment supplied by SPD is available and ready for scheduled and emergency surgical cases. Orders and receives stock, perform daily cycle counts, rotates stock, post departmental requisitions and charges. Inventory and restock surgical supplies in SPD and OR instruments according to par levels. Notifies appropriate staff of needed updates to Surgeon’s preference cards
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.