Buyer/Catering Coordinator, Kitchen, PD (On call) Day
MemorialCare Health System
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Internal Number: SAD003677
This position coordinates inventory and receiving processes using a "checks and balances" workflow to ensure security of supplies. Furthermore, this position is responsible for electronically maintaining all daily menus for determining food and supply purchases and production schedules for the cafeteria, doctors' lounge, patient meals, tube feedings, and catering. This position is instrumental in working with the department team to select recipes and build menus for all areas of food service. This position also, manages all catering menus, schedules, and production sheets after coordinating with the requester, department staff, and Building Services.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center's strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Coordinates end to end ordering of all provisions for the Kitchen department, operating within budget.
2. Manages coordination of all catering for all special events within the hospital to ensure events are within budget, organized and executed up to expectations.
3. Maintains accurate record keeping relating to accounts payable, inventory, billing and reporting.
4. Works with various vendors to provide input and feedback on wide range of products.
5. Creates purchase orders in the electronic system and assists with contract renewal as needed with vendors.
6. Maintains petty cash supply within the Kitchen department accurately an in accordance with department procedures.
7. Works directly with the Director of Food & Nutrition Services to maintain emergency disaster planning contacts and ordering supply lists as well as hospital emergency food supply.
8. Works with department, in the unitization of Computrition and CaterXpress systems.
9. Ability to be at work and on time
10. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
11. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.