Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105027915
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Responds to test requisitions promptly, with attention to patientâ��s name, type of test, and time of test.
2. Greets patients in a courteous manner by introducing self and greeting patient.
3. Washes hands throughout the workday, and consistently obeys hospital regulations for infection control. Strictly obeys the guidelines of standard precautions.
4. Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
5. When necessary, asks for information or assistance from the appropriate personnel.
6. Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
7. Notifies immediate supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
8. Demonstrates the ability to perform the following computer functions accurately: Patient Registration Ordering Tests Receipt Verification Results Inquiry Charging Crediting Cancellation of tests Modification of tests
9. Regularly demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous test procedures with complete accuracy in their designated scheduled department.
10. Keeps supervisor informed of problems with patients or problems with completion of the shiftâ��s work.
11. Using age-appropriate techniques, demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures based on department needs.
12. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
13. Dates, initials or signs all laboratory documents and computer entries as required, i.e., updating.
14. Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies stocked at the bench.
15. Notifies immediate supervisor of discrepancies or unexpected results within expected time frame.
16. Ensures accurate billing for each procedure.
17. Reports equipment malfunctions and obtains repair service as needed.
18. Performing inventory count and organizing incoming inventory with date of receipt
19. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: High School graduate or equivalent preferred. One-year lab tech experience in a fast paced acute care setting in Chemistry, Reference lab and/or Microbiology sections.
Pathology Section: required Anatomy Knowledge and prefer one-year pathology experience
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Med Tech
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.