Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105027917
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Sorting and mailing of the daily pathology reports.
2. Timely pick up of lab specimens from East tower (30min interval) and the scheduled run from Preadmission area and other area as needed or requested.
3. Timely and accurately accessioning of lab samples in the electronic medical records
4 .Responsible for stocking and organizing supplies in phlebotomy draw room on scheduled shifts.
5. Responsible for unloading and stocking of the phlebotomy supplies on scheduled shifts
6. Assisting in outpatients presenting to lab in area of order entry and other items as designated.
7. Assisting in answering of department phones and directing the inquiry to appropriate sections.
8. Assisting in specimen handling and distribution during scheduled shifts
9. Understanding and the ability to handle in coming lab orders and assistance in assigning the draws to designated phlebotomist
TRANSPORTS/DELIVERS to various nursing departments
â�¢ Lab Specimens in all areas including Emergency Room
â�¢ Equipment (emergency only)
â�¢ Timely pick up of blood products from blood bank with clear communication from charge nurse with presentation of order for transfusion and verified patient consent form
â�¢ Performs 30min rounding between East tower and Laboratory
1. Timely response to pages/Spectralink phone.
2. Documentation of workload on daily tally
3.Courteous response to all calls.
4. Prioritizes calls and tasks appropriately.
5. Consistently communicates with lab and nursing unit to maintain efficiency.
6. Maintains BLS certification.
7. Demonstrates appropriate body mechanics.
8. Demonstrates Universal Precautions and follows isolation procedures.
9. Utilizes hospital golf cart in a safe manner and adheres to the policy
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Consistently completes runnerâ��s log and submits it to director on daily basis
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
Recent laboratory experience in management of specimens and terminology
Preferred: Hospital experience with understanding of the laboratory EMR system.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.