Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines. Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Technical Lab Supervisor
Job ID #105628
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Oversee operations in hematology, chemistry, microbiology and blood bank in our state-of-the-art hospital lab; ensuring departmental compliance with appropriate licensing and accrediting bodies as well as that the lab maintains a high standard of quality, professionalism and results.
Exercise financial stewardship by acting within budgetary guidelines and assure compliance in hospital and departmental policies. You’ll also be responsible for directing the staff, scheduling, performance evaluation and competency assessment.
* Associate’s required; Bachelor’s preferred
* MLS, MT, MLT (ASCP) or equivalent
* At least 5 years of related experience with experience in Beckman chemistry, Sysmex hematology, Stagos coagulation and Ortho blood bank methodology preferred
* Strong instrumentation skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of the lab
* Certifications, education and/or experience that meet CLIA requirements for moderate and complex testing
Job ID #104099
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Working in our state-of-the-art lab; performing waived, moderate and/or high-complexity tests and procedures under the direction of the Supervisor as well as clinical analyses on all types of lab specimens. You will produce and document accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
* Bachelor’s in Medical Technology or biological or chemical science
* Experience in moderate to high complexity lab testing
* ASCP certification or equivalent or eligible to take such an exam
* Critical care or ICU experience
* CPR certification
* ACLS certification required or completed within 12 months of hire
* Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
To apply for this West Chester-based position, visit: