Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Partin Settlement
The AdventHealth Partin Settlement Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth Kissimmee Campus.
The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, pediatric friendly rooms, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources
Work Hours/Shift: PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlines in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
Performs all exams using ADVENTHEALTH CT protocols. Uses ADVENTHEALTH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies. (Exam supervision and Administration)
Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability)
Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to analyze and assess data, techniques, methodology, equipment operation, and quality control to ensure that information is obtained and presented accurately
· Up-to-date knowledge of patient positioning and equipment operations, including x-ray machines and printers
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years hospital-based clinical Radiology experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Completion of radiologic technology training and A.R.R.T. registration
· General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.