Provide a high level of clinical research expertise within an award-winning health organization. Help advance the delivery of exceptional, leading-edge patient care. Expand your professional horizons. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
In this vital role, you will provide a variety of technical support within our research grade laboratory. This will include performing various techniques involving tissue culture of mammalian cells with sterile ascetic techniques in a GLP-regulated laboratory as well as DNA/RNA/Protein isolation/extraction/quantification from assorted biological material and tissue. You will execute PCR, qPCR, ELISA and multiparametric flow cytometry experiments while working in a mouse colony performing basic tumor biology research and patient derive xenograft formation protocols. You will also assist the Laboratory Supervisor with meticulous record keeping, equipment maintenance, and ordering and stocking supplies.
We’re seeking a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented individual with:
• Bachelor’s degree in biological-related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
• Two or more years of experience in cell and molecular biology
• In-depth knowledge and experience in cell biology, molecular biology and small animal medicine techniques
• Familiarity with cell culture and sterile techniques
• Strong organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills
• Computer proficiency with word processing, data tabulation, graphing, email and scientific database search (NCBI-PubMed)
• Experience using EndNote
• Ability to operate basic laboratory equipment
• Knowledge of DNA/RNA/protein purification and quantification – PCR-proficient
• Ability to handle and restrain mice for IP/SC/Oral Gavage/Intra Tumor/Tail Vein drug and cell derivatives delivery
• Small surgery expertise for tissue implantation, retro-orbital bleed and bolus injection
• Ability to prepare solutions at different concentrations and volumes
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. We’re also home to the David Geffen School of Medicine, an internationally-renowned center of medical research and education. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.