Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Nights 40 Hours Per Week. Shift 5x8. 30 Minute Call Required to Include Rotating Weekends and Holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes.
· Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Central Sterile based upon manufacturer’ instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operates all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are adhered to at all times.
· Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer monitoring system or paper instrument count sheet.
· Selects appropriate materials and sterilization packaging for each instrument set. Aware of aseptic technique and proper wrapping of instrument trays to allow the end user to open product in an aseptic manner and produces a compact, logically arranged package which is within the proper weight limits appropriate for assured sterilization.
· Ensures appropriate sterility indicators and lot stickers are present on all instrument sets and packages.
· Operates complex sterilization equipment, selects the correct method of sterilization based upon manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU).
· Ensures all parameters for sterilization are met by reviewing all sterilizer recording charts to verify the proper sterilization time, temperature, pressure, humidity and sterilant exposure. Prior to releasing items for clinical use ensures that all required biological testing has been completed.
· Monitors sterilizer printouts and maintains records. Documents all requirements in appropriate log book and/ or computer system
Utilizes recall process for sterilization failures. Notifies supervisor or manager of positive result.
· Utilizes knowledge of the sterile processing environmental controls. Reports out of range temps and humidity to engineering. Alternates between a contaminated environment and a clean environment utilizing appropriate infection prevention measures and correct use of PPE.
· Communicates effectively with all hospital departments and with others within the department. Uses the chain of command as necessary to resolve issues.
· Maintains knowledge base by attending in-services and department meetings.
· Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Ability to understand the needs of the customer and respond to them in a pro-active, courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
· Ability to work under stress and deadlines.
· Medical terminology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One year of experience in an acute care hospital setting
· Experience in sterile processing and materials management
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
The Central Service Technician is an entry level position with an opportunity for advancement to a Certified Central Service Technician, CCST. Under supervision of the CS Supervisor / Manager or Nurse Manager, the Central Service Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and / or sterilized instrument trays and equipment. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list. Works with customers to maintain adequate inventory of trays and to prioritize processing of trays as needed. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment, can troubleshoot minor issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.