Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105043831
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Administers care for the perioperative patient according to hospital procedure.
2. Transports patients to and from surgery according to hospital procedure.
3. Sets up carts for surgical cases utilizing the surgeonâ��s preference cards.
4. Obtains proper equipment for surgical cases
5. Assists in emergency procedures by obtaining and providing proper equipment and supplies.
6. Demonstrates ability to scrub on all surgical procedure specialties.
7. Assures a fast room turnover by remaining in room and efficiently sets up for next case.
8. Assists throughout the department by helping wherever needed.
9. Check supplies for outdates.
10. Cleans cupboards and OR rooms.
11. Responds appropriately when on call (arrives within 30 minutes).
12. Accepts assignments as requested by Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
13. Seeks growth in knowledge and skills within the OR setting.
14. Reports and follows through on malfunctioning equipment.
15. Communicates pertinent information regarding patients, physicians, equipment, supplies and situations.
16. Assists in training new/existing staff.
17. Assures all surgical needles, instruments, sponges are accounted for during and after completion of surgical procedures.
18. Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate use.
19. Is a resource for the instrument room personnel in the appropriate care and set-up of instruments.
20. Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies necessary.
21. Assumes responsibility for a service, including care of equipment, by being a resource to others as assuring that necessary supplies and procedures are in place for that service.
22. Assists in presenting an in-service for the service of responsibility during the year.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
Minimum Experience: Six months acute care experience as an OR tech and/or a graduate from an accredited OR tech training program required.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.