Up to $20,0000 Sign-on bonus plus Relocation Assistance Available
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Responsible for all aspects of quality patient care in the Laboratory supervisory role.
1. Selects, trains/orients and assigns department staff. Contributes to the development of the District standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
2. Develop department goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operation.
3. Develops and recommends department operating budget in accordance with department goals and objectives and ensures that department budget is used as a guideline for operations.
4. Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports as required.
5. Maintains cap workload units established in budget through appropriate staffing patterns according to census on a daily basis.
6. Maintains communication, posting interdepartmental memos within 24 hours of receipt, distributing pertinent messages and checking for staff responses.
7. Completes orientation checklist with each new employee within 48 hours of hire. Maintains employee profile of each employee, assuring bi-annual renewal of certification and update of task inventory on an ongoing basis.
8. Maintains coaching for performance program with all employees submitting performance summary reports annually 2 weeks prior to the employeeâ��s review date.
9. Maintains positive demeanor in keeping with patient care philosophy.
10. Provides 24-hours a day availability or coverage for departmental supervision.
11. Acts as a role model to the Laboratory Staff.
12. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientâ��s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
14. Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required.
15. Ensures that department(s) operates within or above guidelines established by regulatory/review agencies.
16. Quality Management
? Policy and procedure changes are defined and communicated in a clear manner.
? Solicits appropriate information and feedback from internal and external customers to improve the performance of the division.
? Can demonstrate at least one improvement of a department key function that was a result of a CQI process.
17. Interdepartmental/intradepartmental conflicts are resolved using a CQI approach.
18. Participates as a team member.
? Establishes and maintains productivity standards of patient services delivery consistent with Hospice standards.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
? Bachelors Degree
? Masterâ��s Degree
? 5 years experience, previous supervisory experience.
CLS is required
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.