$20,000 Sign On Bonus Offered! (External Applicants)
POSITION SUMMARY: Following established policies and procedures, performs and records two-dimensional ultrasound diagnostic tests of patients' internal organs and vascular structures. In doing so, obtains information about normal and abnormal anatomy used to diagnosis disease. Ensure ultrasound tests are of acceptable quality and records results.
1. ?ARDMS OB registry required for Maternal Fetal instead of the RVT
2. Has more than one certification as an RDMS
3. Work requires a professional level of knowledge of ultrasound techniques and procedures at a level that generally can be acquired by completion of two years training in Radiology Technology or equivalent plus an additional year training in Ultrasonography.
4. Work requires up to twelve months of prior related work experience to be able to independently perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures, equipment operation, and to gain knowledge of patient care techniques.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with patients when allaying fears and eliciting cooperation, and to relay patient information to physicians and nursing personnel.
6. Work requires analytical ability to recognize anatomic abnormalities, adjust equipment settings to appropriately target the ultrasound, and identify irregularities during course of ultrasound and notify appropriate personnel.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.
Every OSF HealthCare employee is a Mission Partner, serving the people of our communities with “the greatest care and love.” Throughout our health system, which includes 14 hospitals and more than 130 clinical care sites, core Values such as Justice, Compassion and Integrity support our work together as we live the Mission.